Syncing with iCloud Drive

Options
Kelly Nolan Trites
Kelly Nolan Trites
Community Member

If I want to sync my vaults with iCloud Drive, but I purchased my Mac license from the agilebits website, would I need to repurchase it from the Mac App Store? Is there a way to do this without being charged again? Thanks!

Comments

• Jasper
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi Kelly,

1Password 5 for Mac is a major release and one of the significant changes we made was a complete rewrite of iCloud syncing. 1Password 5 switched to the new Apple iCloud "CloudKit" technology which is only available on OS X Yosemite and iOS 8, and limited to Mac App Store apps only. After this change we were no longer able to offer iCloud syncing in the web store version of 1Password.

We've put together a FAQ page with more information here:

Web store and iCloud FAQ

I also want to make sure that you have a chance to review some more information on iCloud and why the Mac App Store is the only version that has access to that particular sync option. Roustem, one of our founders, has written a blog post on the iCloud rewrite and I’d like to share it with you:

About iCloud changes in 1Password 5

The only way to use iCloud in 1Password 5 is to purchase directly from the Mac App Store. Unfortunately there is no way for us to transfer your purchase from our store to Apple's. I’m sorry we don’t have a better migration path for you.

I hope that helps, but please let us know if you have any other questions.

• cue003
    cue003
    Community Member
    Options

The only way to do it without spending additional money is to return/get refunded the web store purchase if you are still within the return window and then buy the mac store version.

• Ben
    Options

Correct.

This discussion has been closed.