Agile great Thanksgiving offers

Kengel
Kengel
Community Member
edited November 2010 in Lounge
I'm a bit confused by it - do we get only ONE to give - or one of each?

Comments

• Love the idea of the T'giving gifts! Unfortunately when I click on the links that appear in the email I received, the page times out and does not connect me :(
    Are the servers down?

Thanks,
    -slacker
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2010
    slacker wrote:

Love the idea of the T'giving gifts! Unfortunately when I click on the links that appear in the email I received, the page times out and does not connect me :(
    Are the servers down?

Thanks,
    -slacker

Earlier I sent my freebe to a friend and it was really hard to get a connection keep trying. incidentally I have been having trouble with safari (in general) as of late since the apple updates FF worked much better for me.

Edit : Just checked and FF is still working better for me even while running my VM.

• leicaman
    leicaman
    Community Member
    edited November 2010
    stu wrote:

Sorry for any confusion Kengel, you get one copy to give away of each app you own a license for. So if you just have a copy of 1Password for Mac you get a license for 1Password for Mac to gift to a friend or loved one, but if you own both the Mac and Windows version and Knox you can give away one of each license :-)

I'm trying to send 1Password to a friend who has just bought a new iMac. And when I click on the link in the email, I get a page that says I only have 1Password2 and I need to upgrade to 3. Well, I'll have you know that I upgraded to 3 the minute it was available! :lol: (I also have 1Password on my iPhone and iPad - my favorite version.)

So I can't send the free gift to a friend because your website is getting it wrong which version I have. Is this a known problem? Anyway you can help me send it to my friend? I know she'll love it.

Thanks.

Eric
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2010
    Eric,

When you initially visit the link it should take you to the customer center and inside there you should be able to see your license info before proceeding. It should indicate v2 or v3.

Maybe you used a different email or something ?

Try this instead, and see if you used a different email. launch 1P, click the help menu, click customer center, you will be auto logged in, and on the right hand side you will see you contact info including any different email addy's if that was the problem. Once inside you should be able to send the gift. Thats assuming that it says V3.

If it still says v2 the only solution I can suggest is send an email to support@agile.ws and explain the situation.

• seqteq
    seqteq
    Community Member
    Kengel wrote:

I'm a bit confused by it - do we get only ONE to give - or one of each?

My grandfather was trying to gift me the windows 1password and it wouldn't recognize him as owning the product, even though he was on the windows machine with 1 password installed. Just wondering if there was some way to tell the web app your license.

It recognized he owned 1password for mac
  • DJJC
    DJJC
    Community Member
    I am having difficulty in downloading the Take Control of Password for Mac OSX Doc. When I try to save the link all I get is a take_control.html file which bring me to the web page.
    Any comments?

DJJC
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    DJJC wrote:

I am having difficulty in downloading the Take Control of Password for Mac OSX Doc. When I try to save the link all I get is a take_control.html file which bring me to the web page.
    Any comments?

DJJC

My best suggestion, left click the link and allow it to open or maybe right click and select new tab and then try saving as pdf from the print menu.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2010

Its just a database of license keys the guys have on file.

Send an email to support@agile.ws and include a link to this thread. I would suggest sending the email from the account of the license holder. Please just be patient and include any relevant info to identify the user, license and where it was purchased from etc especially if it wasn't directly from agile, and maybe a reseller or such.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :-D

Tommy's earlier advice was spot on. If you have your license already added to your copy of 1Password for Mac or Windows please try the following:

1. Open the main 1Password application.
    2. Select the Help > Customer Center menu item.
    3. Follow the instructions to create a new account.

This should give you access to your personalized Customer Center account. If you have any questions, please let me know and I will be happy to help.
  • I just wanted to double check - when we're gifting this, are we supposed to put the name that is on our registered copy? So when it emails them, it says my name for the license, and then the license number... should that have been the name of the person we are gifting it to?

thanks!
    Ashley
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Ashley!

It was a bit unclear, but it should have been the name of the recipient. We can easily remedy the situation. Just have the recipient e-mail us at support@agile.ws, and we will make the correction. :-)

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.