Where/how to install 1P version 4.x for iPhone 4 running iOS 7.11?

Options
convint
convint
Community Member

I have a friend who will be transitioning equipment but presently has an iPhone 4 on iOS 7.11, an iPad Air on iOS 8.1 and a MacBook Pro on OS X 10.7.5.

I've read the FAQs. It looks like 1P iOS version 4 will run on iPhone, 1P iOS version 5 will run on iPad and 1P version 4 will run on Mac laptop.

If I sync all this through Dropbox, will this scenario work?

I see where to download legacy Mac OS X software but I could not find 1P iOS version 4 in the App Store?

Thank you!

Comments

• convint
    convint
    Community Member
    Options

It always works that way... I searched five times and didn't find an answer, so I post a question... then find a similar thread immediately above.

To add a bit to @romad's answer, customers who previously purchased 1Password 4 for iOS can still download it on iOS 6 or 7 devices from App Store > Updates > Purchased. But if you hadn't previously purchased version 4 for iOS, unfortunately it won't be available in the App Store.

Those on iOS 6 that wish to download the older version have to 'purchase' the free app on iTunes on your computer first. THEN it will allow you to download the older version on the app store on your iOS 6 device.

I am not finding 1Password iOS version 4.x in the App Store on my Mac OS X computer.

Again: I am trying to install 1Password for the first time on an iPhone 4 running iOS 7.11.

Is the following statement true: You can no longer buy 1Password iOS version 4.x today for the first time.

Thanks.

• MikeT
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @convint,

You can no longer buy 1Password iOS version 4.x today for the first time.

That is correct if your device is running iOS 7. You can get 1Password 5 for free on your iPad Air running iOS 8.1 and if you want the Pro feature, you can get it via in-app purchase. I'm not sure if Apple will let you download 1Password 4 on your iPhone since it is running iOS 7 and 1Password is a universal app.

You cannot get 1Password 4 on OS X, Apple only offers the compatible updates when it detects the older versions and only if you purchased 1Password in the past.

• convint
    convint
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply, Mike. I have not found how to edit my original post but I misstated the version of 1Password that runs on OS X 10.7.x... it's not 1Password 4.4.3, it appears to be 1Password 3.8.22. I'm not sure I understand your comment about not being able to get 1Password 4 on OS X... I believe legacy versions are downloadable here on this site.

Regarding iOS 7.x, I agree, I thought 1Password iOS version 4 might be uniquely visible from the App Store on my iPhone 4 running iOS 7, but that's not the case... I was unable to find it.

It's a shame if this is a dead end with hardware that is still viable. Any other ideas, anyone?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @convint,

I'm not sure I understand your comment about not being able to get 1Password 4 on OS X... I believe legacy versions are downloadable here on this site.

You're correct, and I'm sorry for the confusion about that. I believe Mike was referring to the Mac App Store version of 1Password. But if you purchase 1Password 5 for Mac from our web store, you'll receive a license key file that also works version 4 (which can be downloaded from the Legacy section of our download site, as you mentioned).

However, 1Password 4 for Mac requires Mac OS 10.8 or 10.9. If the Mac is running OS 10.7, you'll need to continue using version 3.8.22.

As for downloading 1Password 4 on your iOS 7 device, you may still be able to do that after you download 1Password 5 for iOS. We can't guarantee it will work, but you can try the steps in this discussion.

Hopefully that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.