Help with auto-login for techcu.com [resolved by saving and updating a new Login item]

Options
millifoo
millifoo
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

(If this has been discussed elsewhere, I'd love to have a link to the solution - thanks!)

My bank, Technology Credit Union, uses one of these very common two-page logins, first your username, then it pops over to a second webpage for the password.

I have a 1Password entry for my account which has both the username and password saved (so far pretty normal).

When on the first (username) page, Command-backslash autofills the username, but (and here's the problem) it does NOT do the 'submit' action. Instead I have to click on the "Sign In" button myself.

After the username page, on the following password page, Command-backslash autofills the password and auto-submits. Perfect! A-OK there.

So, is there anything I can do in 1Password to force that first username page to auto-submit? I tried setting

Here's the login page:
https://online.techcu.com/User/AccessSignin/Start?status=16

Here's my 1Password entry:

http://i.imgur.com/LxnL1Qp.png

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @millifoo,

I've been able to reproduce the trouble you're having with autosubmit on Username page of this site. Here's are steps to create a new item that should work the way you'd like it to:

And this new single item should fill and autosubmit on both pages of that site.

Please let me know if that works for you! :)

• millifoo
    millifoo
    Community Member
    Options

Hallelujah! You are my hero! Worked like a charm :)

Thank you soooooo much. This had been bugging me forever :)

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for the update. On behalf of @sjk‌ you are very welcome!

• robbski
    robbski
    Community Member
    Options

Oh am I glad that I stumbled across THIS post! Like millifoo, I've had the same "problem" with my credit union login and password, too. And it has been bugging ME forever, as well! I've always had to manually click (submit) my username, and when the password page came up, that would auto-submit. I even had 2 separate logins saved-1 for username, and 1 for password. Now I can log in to my credit union with just ONE login saved, and it automatically submits the username screen and password screen! Thank you so much, bwoodruff!! :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @robbski. :)

• robbski
    robbski
    Community Member
    Options

Oops! I mean thank YOU, sjk! I actually had 3 other financial accounts like this where I had to have 2 separate login items saved (1 for username, 1 for password), and this fix allowed me to reduce 8 logins to 4, and they all automatically submit perfectly! Finally, a very POSITIVE 1Password experience for me! It's been a tough few weeks fixing my 1P issues, but everything is working great for me. I really love this product, despite a few glitches once in awhile. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @robbski‌

I'm so glad to hear that @sjk was helpful here. We really appreciate your kind words about 1Password, and your patience while working through a few frustrating issues.

If you have any further questions, you know where to find us! ;)

This discussion has been closed.