Google Drive Support sync coming?

Daniel_KB
Daniel_KB
Community Member

So there's been requests for this over a year now...can anyone tell me if Google Drive sync support is coming?

Comments

• gradica
    gradica
    Community Member

I don't want to come off seeming nasty and I'm not but honestly chaps I have been waiting for years (apple then android user) and hearing its coming for so long now. When will you be adding google drive as a choice in the android and accompanying desktop app?

No pressure but I'm seriously considering options given the time and I can't use dropbox at work so this is really sticking in my craw now!

Frustratingly yours and cheers

• Dmitry_N
    Dmitry_N
    Community Member

Hi,
    Check this thread out: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/19083/google-drive-support/p6
    I will stick with 1password for some longer though...

• gradica
    gradica
    Community Member

oh well... time to start looking I guess. Another great outfit is doomed due to poor allegiance decisions and hooking themselves on the wrong teet

• As I said in the thread mentioned above, we started looking into Google Drive support but discovered a couple of limitations in the current version of the Android Drive SDK. We are currently working with Google to overcome these limitations. We understand the importance of this feature as a lot of our users have requested it, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback as well. As for Desktop versions of 1Password, you can use folder sync to sync to your Drive folder.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

They can...but they won't. :(

To be fair, the last I heard they were having technical issues that they were discussing with Google.

• peri
    edited December 2014

Hey @Daniel_KB. We can't make any promises with regards to Google Drive sync, but it is definitely something we are considering. I'm sorry I can't give you any more information, but I'll go ahead and add your vote! :)

ref: OPA-16

• pep100
    pep100
    Community Member

I can use gDrive with my windows version of 1password. It was easy to change to the gDrive folder. I will try it on my Mac Tonight. My IOS version of 1pw doesn't seem to have an option to use dDrive?

• Hi @pep100‌

While it may be possible for you to use Google Drive, it isn't officially supported, which is why it isn't an option on your iOS. I'll add your vote for Google Drive support as well. Thanks!

• julesey
    julesey
    Community Member

Please can you get this up and running with Google drive which I use for business and find much more efficient than Dropbox. This is the one thing holding me back from purchasing the product.

• Hi @julesey‌. Thanks for getting in touch with us and for your interest in 1Password. I'm adding your vote for Google Drive support as well. :)

• narf123
    narf123
    Community Member

+1 vote for google drive, dropbox is blocked in many places I work at. Google drive is not

• Thanks @narf123! I've added your vote as well. We're hoping to be able to add alternatives to Dropbox soon. :)

• realrei
    realrei
    Community Member

Please add my vote for integration with Google drive. It has to be a priority. It would be quite useful to us small biz owners.

• Thank you so much for your vote. Our team is taking Google Drive very seriously and we hope to see this integration in an upcoming version of 1Password for Android.

• macnews
    macnews
    Community Member

Please ad my vote for Google drive. Our entire office would love to use it vs dropbox.

• Thanks @macnews! I'm adding your :+1:

• debheller
    debheller
    Community Member

While we understand you don't support using Google Drive, we have been actively using it for our group Vault authentication with the shared keychain for about a year. It has been working flawlessly (knock on wood). My only wish is that we could use it on our iOS devices as well.

• Thanks for the info @debheller. Indeed, though we don't officially support Google Drive syncing, we have heard from users who were able to successfully set up Google Drive sync.

That said, I'll add your vote for support for Google Drive for iOS. Thanks agian! :)

• debheller
    debheller
    Community Member

Thank you! Very much appreciated.

• No problem! I'm happy to help. :) Let us know if you have any other feedback or suggestions. Thanks again!

• mkwerle
    mkwerle
    Community Member

I'd like to vote for this feature, too -- we use Google Apps at work, but not enterprise Dropbox. If we could sync via Google Apps, I could probably convince everyone to ditch LastPass enterprise and move to 1Password.

• Thanks for the support, @mkwerle! I'm adding your vote. :)

• metzelfetz
    metzelfetz
    Community Member

+1

• Thanks @metzelfetz! I've added your vote.

• andrewgiang
    andrewgiang
    Community Member

+1 really would like to see this for Android. 1Password integrate well with iCloud and iOS. Every Android user has a google drive account and this would really make it easy to sync.

• demimismo
    demimismo
    Community Member

+1, thanks for the hard work! :)

• Thanks you guys! I'm adding your votes for Google Drive. :) Let us know if you have any further feedback!

• mtnbikenc
    mtnbikenc
    Community Member

Add my vote for Google Drive sync support for Mac and Android. There are those of us out here that don't use iPhones. ;)

• FerretWithASpork
    FerretWithASpork
    Community Member

Another vote for Google Drive support for Mac.

• Thank you so much for your votes for Google Drive!

This discussion has been closed.