WiFi Sync with iPhone 6+

Options

WiFi Sync with an iPhone 6+ and Windows 8 starts but an error message appears after a minute or so

Errror Domanin=NOSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=60 The operation could not be completed. Operation timed out

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Could you make sure you're using version 4.1.0.526 or later, @chaag46‌?

I'm hoping the Wi-Fi sync – related stall has been fixed.

• tobox
    tobox
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Guys, I'm facing exactly the same issue with same error message. I've to say that I'm just trying to figure out if 1P is an option to replace my recent "HandySafe" solution which worked fine but unfortunately is no longer supported by the developer and quit running on iOS 8.x.
    Keeping vital and critical data like passwords in my own controlled environemt is an essential must and I would appreciate to understand if 1P4 Win supports this sync feature in combination with 1P on iOS or not and under which conditions? After studying feature description (itunes store), user guide and posts in this forum I'm totally confused...
    To check it out by myself I installed 1P4Windows 4.1.0.526 (demo mode) on Win7 PC and tried Wifi sync with 1P (German version) on iphone 6+ iOS 8.1 (didn't purchased pro version yet). Start 1P on mobile and select directly synchronization with existing vault. Choose Wifi sync and app shows my PC (router connection by LAN cable), sync starts after entering code and returns with same error chaag46 already posted.
    In another post I read that PC and mobile have to share same subnet? Don't know what that means as I'm no network expert and don't want to become one. As I said I used HandySafe by Paragon Software and Wifi sync worked without any change of settings or configuration.
    I hope you can give me a clear and honest advice before I finally purchase PC and iOS app (except use dropbox or icloud ;-)
    Thanks a lot

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Do you have a firewall turned on? If yes, is it set to block all incoming connections? If yes, then that's the issue. The iOS app needs to establish a connection to the PC. If you uncheck block all incoming connections, the PC will prompt you if you want to allow 1Password to accept an incoming connection and if you say yes, it should then start syncing properly.

• tobox
    tobox
    Community Member
    Options

That's it - just activate a small checkbox and it works - nice! Thanks a lot for your help. Will purchase now :-)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @svondutch‌!

@chaag46‌, does this tip help in your situation?

This discussion has been closed.