How to hide credit card items that doesn't need to show up in 1P mini [Edit the display option]

bcdave
bcdave
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I have four credit cards, but 99.9% of the time, I use just one, but I want to store the others anyway. Thing is, I don't want all four appearing in my credit card list every time I go to use my credit card. It would be much cleaner to just have the one show up, but to know that the other three are stored in 1Password if I should need to reference them. Is there a way to move credit card files into a different place so that they exist, but are not listed in the credit card pop up list?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bcdave,

For items that you don't use often check out the 'Never display in browser' option. This will hide Logins (or Credit Cards) from display in the mini and the browser extension. Simply click to edit your entry, scroll to the bottom and select the display option.

demo data shown

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

• bcdave
    bcdave
    Community Member

Oh great. That is a different answer than moving stuff to other folders, but it's even better! Thanks!

• On behalf of Megs, you're welcome!

• devynosborne
    devynosborne
    Community Member

Just want to say thanks for this. Brilliant!

• devynosborne
    devynosborne
    Community Member
    edited November 2014

Though... now here's the "give 'em an inch, they request a mile" question...

I now see this feature is available for all entries -- including all those old logins I rarely use... I have a lot of them. :-/

Can this be batch edited across multiple entries? Or do I have to edit each entry one at a time?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @devynosborne‌

Unfortunately we don't have a way of batch editing like you're after - sorry.

I've seen a couple of requests in the past similar to this when people wanted to archive entries. I can't remember who suggested it, myself or someone else but the suggestion was to use a second vault. It's easy to move multiple items in one go, 1Password will only show you the contents of a single vault at a time (both the main application and 1Password mini) and you can easily switch and have access to the contents if needed.

Could that be a viable alternative if you want to make a lot of entries 'invisible'?

This discussion has been closed.