iCloud Drive

Options

Hi,

I am using 1Password for Mac (MAC Store Version) on my Macs and have 2 licences for Windows. In the past I could use Dropbox also within my Mac version, not now.

Is it possible to add iCloud drive to the Windows 1Password to have the chance to use one file (database) for all my devices?

I guess this will fit to many others as well (home Mac - work Windows)

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English

Uwe, Germany

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

Yes you can use iCloud Drive but there are a few caveats:

1. On Mac, you'll need Yosemite
    2. You'll need to upgrade your iCloud from (pre-Yosemite) iCloud Documents to (Yosemite's) iCloud Drive.
    3. You cannot sync to your iOS device. On iOS, 1Password is using CloudKit (not iCloud Drive).
    4. On your Mac, you'll need to configure 1Password's "Folder Sync": https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac/5/en/topic/sync-folder

If any of this sounds too complex to you, or if you have an iOS device in your mix, then my advice is to forget about iCloud Drive and go for Dropbox. Or - if you do not want your data in the cloud - use Wi-Fi Sync.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In the past I could use Dropbox also within my Mac version, not now.

@uskoelle‌, can you explain why Dropbox is no longer available on your Mac? 1Password 5 for Mac, whether licensed in our online store or purchased from the App Store, includes Dropbox syncing.

• uskoelle
    uskoelle
    Community Member
    Options

You are right. After choosing iCloud, it becomes no longer obvious that a change to Dropbox is possible. But it is, I tried it few minutes ago - perfect.

Thanks

Uwe

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're always glad to help, Uwe! Thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.