Third-party app integration

rchaas
rchaas
Community Member
I am learning the ins and outs of 1password. One issue i've encountered is that on iPad (haven't messed with my iphone yet), the app works nicely for logging into websites, but not for apps that require a login. So, when i open the Mint or Expedia ipad apps (for instance), after changing the pword using the strong generator on my iMac, i have to maually cut and paste the new pword into the app. It doesn't seem that there is anyway to automatically update this change, or to save a login for these apps?

After reviewing the ipad help files, it appears that the only pwords automatically used are those for use in Safari or 1Password's proprietary browser, correct?

thanks

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2010
    That is indeed the case. Just as Apple has not provided any way to extend Mobile Safari in iOS, there is also no way to integrate with other third-party apps the way we can on a desktop computer. Neither of these are likely to change, unfortunately, but the former is at least a tiny bit more likely than the latter.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you at this time, but we are looking forward to meeting this challenge head on with some amazing updates coming in 1Password for iOS. Where we can't integrate, we innovate. ;-)
This discussion has been closed.