Upgrade to 4.2 Beta 1 Failed

hubpf
hubpf
Community Member

Install 4.2 beta 1 over 4.1.2 failed. Not sure if it's the correct behaviour.

Comments

• Hi @hubpf‌. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with updating to our newest beta. Could you provide us with more details about the error message you are receiving? Also, what device and OS version are you experiencing this problem on?

• hubpf
    hubpf
    Community Member

It just shows "cannot be installed". I'm using Huawei Mate 7. Uninstall existing version and install new version solved issue.

• pntucker
    pntucker
    Community Member

having the same failure problem on a Nexus 4 - downloaded 4.2.b3 , try and install by clicking on install - nothing and I mean nothing happens. Had same problem with previous beta. I tried un-installing before installing this version, but it still failed and now I have no version installed. ARRRRUGH!

• Thanks for following up with me @hubpf‌. I'll keep a close eye on this issue.

• @pntucker‌ It sounds like you might be experiencing a different issue here. If I understand correctly, when you open the .apk file, the install button in Package Manager is not responding. Am I correct when I say this? Could you confirm if the cancel button works?

• ianriley
    ianriley
    Community Member

Hi @Saad Naqwaj ! I'm having the same issue with my Moto X (1st Gen). I can hit the cancel button, but I can't click the "Install" button. I've uninstalled the previous version of 1PW. I'm attempting to install the 1PW apk from Downloads. Any suggestions?

• Hi @ianriley. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble installing the beta. Which version number are you trying to install? Also, are you downloading it from link in the beta newsletter?

This discussion has been closed.