New major paid version for OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Options
Petr Šabrňák
Petr Šabrňák
Community Member

Hello,
I'm going to buy family license of 1Password 4 for Mac and I want to ask, if developers going to release redesigned version for Yosemite as a new major version - so if it will be paid or no.
Is better to wait for release for Yosemite or no? Because I'm using Yosemite beta and I think that 4.4 not working.

Same for Windows version, if will be new update paid.

Thank you.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You will find posts about the 1P4 4.5 betas, which are designed for Yosemite, here on the beta forum. I don't work for AgileBits but given that the company has released a Yosemite compatible version as 4.5 I doubt very much that it will be a paid upgrade for a version of 1P4 that works on the Yosemite release.

Stephen

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    Options

In addition, AgileBits has always had a very generous policy in regards to upgrades that come out after a purchase from their web store. Not that any of us expect "a Yosemite version" to be a for-fee upgrade (it's not how AgileBits operates… unlike some companies) but I'm confident that any purchase made today from them will come with a license that will work well into the timeframe of Yosemite's arrival.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Petr,

Unfortunately I don't have any official details for you here yet. We're still working out exactly how the Yosemite and iOS 8 update will happen.

I can tell you though that we do our best to minimize paid upgrades. For example, when 1Password 3 for Mac was released back in November 2009, it was the first paid upgrade in the history of AgileBits. When 1Password 4 for Mac was released in September of 2013 it was also a paid upgrade, but we made sure there was a generous upgrade policy for existing users: users who had purchased a license at any time in 2013 got the upgrade for free, and all other license holders were entitled to a 50% discount. So, if you do decide to purchase a family license for Mac at this time, we'll be sure you're taken care of. :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm. I though I had read somewhere in these forums that the upgrades to support Yosemite and iOS 8 would be free to existing paid users. I haven't done a search, but I'm reasonably confident of this memory.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

If you do stumble across anything that says so definitively, please do let me know - we'll need to clarify there. We're not able to make any announcements at this time, as the details are still being polished up.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan - Well, now I've searched for a post to confirm my memory, and I can't find one. But I don't think I am a particular effective user of search terms. If I've created false expectations by that last remark, my apologies. Feel free to take down that and the follow up.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

No worries. Sometimes forum search here is a bit ... delicate. :) Just hoping there's not a statement hiding somewhere that's confusing users. We'll announce pricing just as soon as we have it sorted.

• sdlizlem
    sdlizlem
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan - Just bought 1Password a month ago for $49.99 but when I upgraded to Yosemite and iOS8 I had to download the new version of 1password and it doesn't have advanced features. I'm not sure what to do, or who to contact can you advise me please?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sdlizlem‌

Thanks so much for your support of 1Password! Unfortunately, Apple has some pretty strict guidelines in place for the App Store, so we're not able to bundle the iOS app with the desktop version. The license you purchased recently entitles you to install 1Password for Mac on as many Macs as you use, but the Pro features on iOS are a separate purchase.

I apologize for the confusion here, if you have any further questions or concerns, we're here to help!

• sdlizlem
    sdlizlem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Megan I understand better now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sdlizlem‌

I'm glad I was able to help - we're here if you have any further questions or concerns! :)

This discussion has been closed.