Cannot find vault or keychain

(I thought I posted earlier but can't find it.) Mac / Chrome. I have 2 google "accounts". PW 3 works in one but not the other so I downloaded PW 5 to the non-working one. Can't sync (no keychain or vault). Return to working account, search and find "opvault" but all I get is Kinds: 1 Password Vault" NO FILE LISTED.

How can I sync if the file won't show and how can I get PW 5 on BOTH accounts? Help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @smb12321‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password here. I'm not quite sure where things are getting tangled up though, so we'll start off by getting a few more details:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating systems for all computers currently running 1Password?
    • What are the version numbers of 1Password's browser extension?
    • By "accounts", are you referring to separate profiles in Google Chrome?

The 1Password 3 browser extension did have a few issues with multiple profiles in Chrome. Our developers have made a lot of improvements here in 1Password 4 and now 1Password 5, unfortunately, the 1Password 4/5 browser extension is incompatible with 1Password 3. You need to be sure you use the browser extension that matches the version of 1Password that you have installed on your system. This could be why the version 5 extension isn't finding your database.

If you'd like to upgrade from 1Password 3 to 1Password 5, you can update your license on our upgrade page (if you originally purchased 1Password from us.) We also have instructions on how to Migrate from 1Password 3. These instructions were written for 1Password 4, but they'll work the same for 1Password 5.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns.

This discussion has been closed.