Can't connect to vault in new install of 5!

Options
kbuskirk
kbuskirk
Community Member

Have 1password on MacBook Pro and latest on iPhones & iPads (no issues - works fine)
How ever I just downloaded 5 to different (family) MacBook Pro and can't connect to my
vault on Dropbox. Safari have the icon but when clicked on it says (null) vault. This a new
one to me, help!

Comments

• stuash
    stuash
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. 1Password4 works fine on other Macs running Yosemite; but after trashing 1Password 3.8.22 and installing 1P5 on my Imac and installing extensions in Chrome, Safari and Firefox, I get "(null vault)" when I try to unlock the extension in Chrome. Also, I don't have 1PMini in myon the top right of my display. Help, please! StuAsh

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kbuskirk‌ and @stuash‌

I can replicate the (null) vault message in the extension if I haven't set up 1Password and it doesn't have a primary vault.

@kbuskirk‌

On your family MacBook Pro, how did you set up 1Password after the welcome screen popped up? There was an option to say you were an existing user and then to select that your vault was in your Dropbox. Once you selected your vault you should have been prompted for your Master Password as it was set up on your other MacBook Pro.

If that's what you did then can you open 1Password normally and shows you your synced vault? Let us know the outcome of that?

@stuash‌

The same questions apply to your iMac.

In both of your cases I'm wondering if you've populated the primary vault. Syncing isn't automatic, you need to inform 1Password that you have a sync location with data and that you want 1Password to use it - we never assume.

Let us know you get along.

• stuash
    stuash
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks much, lttlebobbytables. That did it. I wonder if 1P could make the necessity of a setup more obvious in Welcome.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stuash‌ It's certainly something we can look into. What really matters right now though is that you're up and running. If you have any more questions we're here to answer them :smile:

This discussion has been closed.