Lollipop: 1pw crash with AutoFill / Accessibility

Options
dmacx
dmacx
Community Member

1password crashes in the background, if I'm reloading a page in Chrome (latest stable version). A few times I could see the 1p-Icon appearing over the input field (ebay for example), but after an reload, it's gone.
Closing chrome and 1p and simply nothing happen. There icon is still gone.

Comments

• eagle
    eagle
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

I had the same problem at first, for me it worked to delete all 1Password data and Import my passwords again.

• nicky
    nicky
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem when filling in applications like facebook, mine crashes when 1password has nog been opened yet and have to use the full password instead of the pincode. When I open the 1password app before the other app and open with a pincode it works fine.

• Thank you for reporting this issue! We are continuing to work on improvements to the filling and will be releasing another beta shortly. If you haven't already updated, please update to version 4.2b2 (released November 17) as it should address some of the crashing that was happening.

Please note that due to a known issue on Lollipop, you will need to download the update directly from the beta newsletter.

• omartayel
    omartayel
    Community Member
    Options

This issue didn't get fixed for me in b2 also

• RainFlying
    RainFlying
    Community Member
    Options

@mverde where can I get the beta 2, because I didn't get the newsletter regarding beta 2. What I got was onlyonly about beta 1.

• dmacx
    dmacx
    Community Member
    Options

It's still happen with the latest beta.

• Thank you for confirming you are still seeing this happening in our latest beta. I'll pass that information to our developers.

• @RainFlying‌ If you follow the same link in our previous newsletter, you will be directed to the latest version of 1Password Beta. Alternatively, if you launch the existing version, 1Password will show an update prompt if an update is available, allowing you to directly update from within our application. Please note there is a known issue right now with the in-app updater on Android Lollipop and our team is currently looking into it.

• RainFlying
    RainFlying
    Community Member
    Options

@saad I'm using Lollipop , that's why I need to download the file manually . I've upgraded to the latest version now. Thanks.

• Sinsear
    Sinsear
    Community Member
    Options

When doing autofill in an app and having to type in my full password (not my PIN), it often crashes. It crashes much more rarely when entering in just my PIN.

• @Sinsear This sounds like it might be related to an issue that we fixed recently. When using filling in a third-party app, if 1Password wasn't already running and hadn't been unlocked at least once, then the filling accessibility service would crash when trying to validate the master password. This issue should be resolved in the latest version of the beta, 4.2b3, which was released on November 22. Could you confirm whether you are running 4.2b3 and if you are still experiencing the same crashing?

• dmacx
    dmacx
    Community Member
    Options

With the latest beta or works fine. But I didn't know that I have to assign the accessibilitiy rights again.
    A side note: The UI from auto fill isn't Material from Google, but it looks ways better than the main app. Please proceed and build the beatifiest app on the planet. You can do it and Lollipop is the best platform for this.

• @dcmacx I'm glad to hear that it's working fine! Having to enable the accessibility service again may have something to do with the fact that updates are being installed manually at the moment. Definitely let us know if this keeps happening though, as it is something that we will want to investigate further.

As far as the UI of the filling interface goes, I'm glad to hear that you like the look of it. We do too and we plan on bringing more Lollipop design sweetness to the rest of the app. Stay tuned for more :)

This discussion has been closed.