Web site fields overwritten

JAta2
edited November 2010 in iOS
With the new version, 1PasswordPro 3.5.3 for the iPhone just released, I notice that the login field can be filled in a non-login page of a website. Specifically:

1) If the website skips the login screen (configured to remember last login and not logged out), then subsequent non-login pages that have a text field can be filled in with the 1PasswordPro username field even if the username field is empty or not defined (in that case, it just blanks out the field). If the field is pre-filled by the website, it is overwritten.
2) If the login screen is not bypassed because the website was instructed not to use the previous login, then everything works as normal - the username and password are prefilled only at the login screen and subsequent screens are not affected.

I tried getting rid of the username and password fields in the 1PasswordPro site definition but that had no effect - it just wanted to blank out the prefilled field.

This did not happen in the last version.

Anybody else see this problem?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Could you please provide a URL? Thanks!
  • JAta2
    edited November 2010
    The Kaiser Permanente site is an example - unfortunately, as with all of these, you need to login. The URL is: https://members.kaiserpermanente.org/kpweb/changefirstname/cluster/entrypage.do. The hompage is: https://www.kaiserpermanente.org/

The way you get there after logging in is to go to the user profile and say you want to change the first name that it calls you by. The URL above as shown by the attached image displays a text box to input your name. I had set the username of the 1PasswordPro login entry to be "boo" and bypassed login as the cookie was still active from the last session. As you can see, it prefills the text box with boo. If this was a pre-filled form such as a reply to a message, it would have overwritten it with the username causing me to manually retype every time. If I actually had not bypassed the login screen and logged in, then the problem would not have manifested itself.

Hope that helps...

John
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Unfortunately, some websites do some strange things — especially on the mobile side of things. I actually need a separate mobile login for my bank since they serve a completely different URL to Mobile Safari than they do to Safari for Mac. :S

We have some great changes coming up in a future update that I believe will eliminate this problem. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now, but perhaps you might make use of the "Credentials Curtain" (the globe icon at the bottom) to copy and paste the needed information into the correct fields as you go along on a site where you are served different pages for the same URL depending on previous cookies.
  • khad wrote:

Unfortunately, some websites do some strange things — especially on the mobile side of things. I actually need a separate mobile login for my bank since they serve a completely different URL to Mobile Safari than they do to Safari for Mac. :S

We have some great changes coming up in a future update that I believe will eliminate this problem. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now, but perhaps you might make use of the "Credentials Curtain" (the globe icon at the bottom) to copy and paste the needed information into the correct fields as you go along on a site where you are served different pages for the same URL depending on previous cookies.

Thanks for your reply... the only way I know to bypass this problem is not to remember a previous login and always go through a login screen. Going through a login screen at the beginning eliminates the problem completely. This is not ideal but is mitigated because 1Password remembers the credentials so login is easier :-)

I look forward to the next revision...
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for your patience and support! :-D
This discussion has been closed.