Invalid Request, bad timestamp drift. Wi-Fi Sync problem

Comments

• Hi @Syntrax‌

So, to clarify, the date & time on both devices match, and the timezones are set to be the same? Are they both set to sync their time with a timeserver?

Thanks.

• Syntrax
    Syntrax
    Community Member

@bwoodruff yes . All times are on the iPhone and the computer is the same.
    my log:
    <-- [auth] --> [auth] {"timestamp":1416996575,"session":"8AC8B01B16534385A6989F526C71C1FE","request":"auth","version":1,"capabilities":[]}

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

This is a little bizarre. I'm a beta tester of 1P5 for Mac and this morning updated to 5.1.BETA-7. Since then wifi sync has not worked and I get this error on both my iPhone and iPad:

I'm going to mention this on the OS X beta forum with a link to this post but added it to this thread because the problem seems similar. All my devices are set to the same time zone, same time and sync to a time server.

Stephen

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

OK, after a lot of rebooting what finally fixed the problem for me was to disable wifi sync on the iOS devices then re-enable it. I don't know if that will help @Syntrax.

Stephen

• Thanks for chiming in here, @Stephen_C‌. Please let us know if that helps, @Syntrax‌

• Syntrax
    Syntrax
    Community Member

@Stephen_C no, don't help. Now i want install 8.1.1 ...
    @bwoodruff

• Good morning @Syntrax. Can you verify that your devices are synchronizing their time with a time server?

On iOS, open the Settings.app > General > Date & Time and make sure the option to Set Automatically is enabled.

On Windows please use these steps taken from here:

1. Open Date and Time by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Date and Time.
    2. Click the Internet Time tab, and then click Change settings. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    3. Select the check box next to Synchronize with an Internet time server, select a time server, and then click OK.

After verifying or enabling the time server settings on both devices please restart your computer and your iOS device and then try Wi-Fi syncing again. Let me know how that works out for you and if there's anything else we can do to help.

• Syntrax
    Syntrax
    Community Member

@mrrooni This is very strange. In my city, now 9 am, 10 am on the PC.
    But now everything is fine

• Glad to hear things are working. :)

This discussion has been closed.