Favorites not all on top

janpeeters
janpeeters
Community Member
edited November 2014 in Mac

I find it to be a great improvement that favorites are always on top in the menu bar item when you search for something. But I've noticed today that in the Firefox extension this isn't always the case. See this screenshot:

The login is valid for the page but resides lower on the list. And is only visible after I click the 'more' button. Is this a glitch? Any ideas are welcome.

Jan

Comments

• Hi @janpeeters,

Favourite items for an exact domain are displayed at the top of the list in mini.

The items in 1Password mini are sorted using three criteria — subdomain matching, favorites, and alphabetical order.

When a page is active in your web browser, the logins for that website will be displayed in this order (by default):

1. Favorites (subdomain match)
    2. Alphabetical order (subdomain match)
    3. Favorites (same domain, but different subdomain)
    4. Alphabetical order (same domain, but different subdomain)

If "Lenient URL matching" (under Preferences > Browser) is enabled, subdomains will be ignored, and the sort order will be:

1. Favorites (for any subdomain on domain.com)
    2. Alphabetical order (for any subdomain on domain.com)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member

Hi Jasper,

thanks for this very clear information. I get the concept now and was able to solve it by adding the page as a second website to the login that was too far below.

Jan

• That's great to hear, @janpeeters‌. If you need anything else please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.