Some categories are not visible in 1Password Mini

Options
mbernhardt
mbernhardt
Community Member

Some time ago back in 1Password 4, I hid a couple of categories so that they didn't show up in the mini version. Now in v5 I'd like one back but I can't find anywhere to hide or show them. Also I have the PC version (sync via dropbox) and there the categories DO show up in the browser add-on but there's nothing in them.

Help please?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

To the best of my knowledge, I don't think you can actually hide categories in 1P for Mac. However, certain categories won't appear in your list of categories until you use them. If you go, in the main app, to 1P > File > New Item you should see a list of all categories you can use. Try adding an item to a category that is apparently "hidden" and you should see that category listed in the side panel—and in 1P mini.

Does that help?

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mbernhardt‌

How do we stand regarding your issue and Stephen_C's suggestion?

• mbernhardt
    mbernhardt
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I didn't have monitoring on so I didn't receive notifications and just remembered this. OK, so when I add a credit card, it shows up in the credit card folder in 1P mini. However, none of the existing cards already in that category show up. So either Mini is not reading the others correctly, or somehow they are not categorized correctly. Marking one of those credit cards as a favorite also doesn't make it appear as such in Mini even though it does in the application.

• mbernhardt
    mbernhardt
    Community Member
    Options

Also, duplicating an existing one doesn't do it. I have to create an entirely new one to see it.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Try editing one of the cards that doesn't show. Towards the bottom of the item pane you will see a field labelled display. Make sure the drop down is set to Always then save the edited item.. Does that help?

Stephen

• mbernhardt
    mbernhardt
    Community Member
    Options

Umm, they were set to "Never display in browser." So yes, that helped :-)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mbernhardt‌

Thanks so much for letting us know that @Stephen_C's tip got things straightened out for you!

If you have any further questions or concerns, we're here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.