Why doesn't search work?

Options
brettr
brettr
Community Member

When I type anything into the search, nothing appears. Sometimes if I click the search box, all of my characters suddenly type themselves out. But sometimes not. Any one know how to fix this?

I'd like my text to appear consistently as I type it.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brettr‌

• Have you tried purging the cache just in case something funky there is going on?
    • Does the problem occur in other browsers other than your favoured one?
    • What extensions or plug-ins are you running?
  • Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Just a thought to add...when did you last reboot your machine? (Sorry if it's irrelevant and, for example, you do it daily!).

Stephen

• brettr
    brettr
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables‌: This isn't in the browser. It's in the stand alone Mac app. There isn't a cache to purge that I'm aware of.

@Stephen_C‌: I've rebooted several times since this started way back when.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brettr‌

Sorry, it came after your question regarding the forums so I was thinking forum search.

I've found a bug report, can you see if this happens for you?

1. Click on Logins
    2. Click on Favourites
    3. Enter text in the search field

>

You should notice that the text does not appear and no search is performed.
    If however you then click on Logins again you will see the text appear and the search performed.

If you can replicate that then it sounds like the same bug and it is one we hope to squash in a future release.

ref: OPM-2438

• brettr
    brettr
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables‌: That's the same one. Although sometimes it doesn't happen. More often it does.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brettr‌

So we're hoping to eliminate that bug in an update soon but I can't give you a timeline I'm afraid. By the sounds of it though one of our future updates should resolve this for you.

This discussion has been closed.