Pro Features not enabled on new iPad, fine on iPhone [resolved]

edbolson
edbolson
Community Member
edited November 2014 in iOS

I have a new iPad Air 2. It is running 8.1. I downloaded 1Password and was unable to restore Purchases from Settings. I erased 1Password as suggested and redownloaded which required me to re sync from Dropbox and so on. Went to the Pro Features button and then clicked Restore Puchases. It greyed out and said Restoring Purchases. Then nothing happens. How long should I expect to wait or is there something else wrong?
As an aside, how do I find out what AppleId I purchased something under? I do have another but never used it for iPhone purchases as far as I know?

Thanks for making TouchID work!

Comments

• edbolson
    edbolson
    Community Member

Sorry, apparently this was bought on my old, .Mac (!) id. I logged in with the old Id and downloaded from App Store after removing 1Password and upon re syncing with Dropbox all of my categories appeared!!

Count this "resolved".

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I've marked the thread accordingly.

Stephen

• Mezzanine
    Mezzanine
    Community Member

Hi,

I have an old iPhone 4S which is running iOS7 with no plans or intention to upgrade to iOS 8. I'm enjoying 1P v4.5.3 on the phone.

I just bought a new iPad mini with iOS8 and downloaded all of my apps but 1P was missing from the list so I installed v5.1.2 and can't figure out how to obtain the Pro features without paying again - the FAQ says that I shouldn't have to. I tried restoring purchases in the new version but it just greys out and never finishes.

I understand that if I upgraded my iPhone to iOS8 and then upgraded 1P to v5, I wouldn't have this issue but I really don't want to do this right now and if I had an iPhone 4, I wouldn't be able to. How can I unlock the Pro features without upgrading my 4S or paying for the app again?

Thanks,
    Mezzanine.

• Hi, @Mezzanine‌. I've merged your thread with an existing one that is similar. Almost all cases of Restore Purchase not working are due to using a different Apple ID used for purchase. If you sign out of the App Store and then sign back in with the Apple ID used to purchase 1Password 4, you should then be able to restore the purchase successfully.

Please let me know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.