The Agilebits support page doesn't actually have a way for you to contact them for support.

Very disappointed with the support page, it seams a bit narrow minded and foolish to have other pages pointing to it to that say to use it to contact Support but then there is no actual way to contact support. You have to go through this forum from what I can tell.

I have a really easy question i need answered. I've been a long time 1password from the early days, I maintain a family license because I like the software and its very useful. Now I'm running the latest and greatest on my macs and ipan and iphone, and now I have to do some windows development and apparently my license isn't good for the windows. So I'm trying to get upgrade pricing on my V5 family pack to include windows. There are no options for that in the Store and apparently no one in marketing has though that a V5 owner would want to add the windows support at a later time. So if someone would please help me, that would be good.

Comments

• Hi @z1ross! We've been very busy with emails and have been finding our forums are the easiest way to reach more people. If you have your UUID from 1Password 5 for Mac, you can enter it at our Store Upgrade page:

https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade

It will then give you the discount pricing so that you can add 1Password for Windows. Please let us know if you have any other questions :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@SaraMinisterOfMagic‌, can you give us Windows folks a quick tutorial on what the UUID is and how to get it from 1Password 5 for Mac?

Thanks!

• z1ross
    z1ross
    Community Member

@SaraMinisterOfMagic‌, I have no physical file to reference for the 1password5 UUID. It was web link activated and the application doesn't provide a easy way to fetch this information That I know of (there is some 1password4 entree in my database). I'm also not at my mac I'm 900miles away from my mac, using a windows laptop and trying to get some other users setup in a mixed environment. Some of it I'm doing remotely. This isn't very supportive when I use the "I’ve lost my license" to recover my code, it doesn't actually send me my code to use in the store. These users are seeing the delays I'm going through for support, because I don't have access to specific hardware and are now looking what their other options that support mixed environments should they ever be caught in the same situation.

• @dbrown - People looking to get their UUID can follow our docs guide here:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac/5/en/topic/advanced-preferences

@z1ross - if you could email us at support+forums(at)agilebits.com, we can try and help get you sorted out with your licensing information directly.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

Thanks!

Just to make sure I understand, @SaraMinisterOfMagic‌, the Item > Copy UUID command copies to the clipboard the UUID for a specific item selected in the list area of the main 1Password window.

What item should be selected in order to use the copied UUID in the AgileBits online store?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@jodinolen‌, please see your question in the 1Password for Mac forum.

• Jasper
    edited November 2014

@DBrown‌: You're correct. The Item > Copy UUID command copies the UUID of the selected item in the list. I don't think it's possible to use that command to find the UUID of a license.

@z1ross: To find the UUID of your license:

• In the email containing your licenses, there should be a "click here to automatically add your license" link for 1Password 5. Right click to copy that link, and paste it into a text editor.

• It will look something like this:

x-onepassword4://register/3c247234-960c-47f8-b273-c85cadfc47e2/wendy@appleseed.com

• The UUID is the long string after "register/". In the example above, it would be

3c247234-960c-47f8-b273-c85cadfc47e2.

• To upgrade, enter your UUID here: https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

So, the UUID is both this:

• x-onepassword4://register/3c247234-960c-47f8-b273-c85cadfc47e2/wendy@appleseed.com

...and this?

• 3c247234-960c-47f8-b273-c85cadfc47e2

Or is that latter substring the license key?

• @DBrown‌:

So, the UUID is both this:

x-onepassword4://register/3c247234-960c-47f8-b273-c85cadfc47e2/wendy@appleseed.com

This is a link that contains the UUID, which opens 1Password and adds the license.

x-onepassword4:// — the URL scheme that opens 1Password

register — the action 1Password should take, in this case registering the app

3c247234-960c-47f8-b273-c85cadfc47e2 — the license UUID

wendy@appleseed.com — the license owner's email address

...and this?

3c247234-960c-47f8-b273-c85cadfc47e2

That is the actual license UUID.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the explanation, @JasperP! That really helps to know.

License keys, as are issued for 1Password for Windows, seem much simpler. :|

This discussion has been closed.