Having all sorts of problems, PLEASE HELP!

Dennism633
Dennism633
Community Member

First, I get the trial period has expired. Then I get an error message that there are multiple versions on the Mac. I go to finder to locate them all but they are grayed out and can not be clicked on. Now I can't do anything and need some help, please! Thank you

Comments

• Hi @Dennism633,

First, I get the trial period has expired.

It has been around 30 days since 1Password 5 for Mac was released, which is the length of the free trial, so you may be starting to see a "Trial Expired" notice.

We have posted an announcement with details here:

Trial Expired notice in 1Password 5 for Mac?

Then I get an error message that there are multiple versions on the Mac.

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. When using 1Password in Yosemite, you need to make sure that you have a single instance of 1Password on your hard drive.

• Make sure that you have a single copy of 1Password 5 in your /Applications folder
    • Open the 1Password main app, and press ⌃⌘Q (Control+Command+Q) to fully quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Trash all other copies of 1Password from your hard drive (do not use app cleaning utilities).
    • Make sure that there is no copy of 1Password in the Trash either. Please empty the Trash if that's the case.
    • Launch 1Password, and it should work fine.

I go to finder to locate them all but they are grayed out and can not be clicked on. Now I can't do anything and need some help, please!

Could you please post a screenshot of the grayed out 1Password app?

This discussion has been closed.