1Password doesn't fill password field on PayPal home page

Options
pbflinn
pbflinn
Community Member

The PayPal home page (https://www.paypal.com/us/home) displays a horizontal login form at the top of the page if the browser sends a login_email cookie. The username field is pre-filled with the value of the cookie. PayPal sets this cookie upon a successful login so that future visits to the home page display the login form with the username pre-filled.

1Password will not fill the password field on this page (although in the recent past this used to work). Nor will it change the username field if a 1P entry with different credentials is selected. It works correctly on the PayPal dedicated login page (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run) even though the username field is pre-filled from the cookie on this page as well.

When you log out of PayPal you are taken to the home page rather than the dedicated login page, so in order to log in again with 1P you have to navigate to the dedicated home page.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pbflinn‌

Something hinky is going on with PayPal's site and 1Password. What I suggest though is try following the Saving a Login Manually guide.

You may find it works better if you then go edit the new item and set the submit option to Never submit. What I was finding was on the dedicated login page I would be logged in but being returned to the login page as if it hadn't succeeded. If I set it to Never submit and clicked on the login button it worked as normal.

Let me know if your findings after following the guide mirror mine.

• pbflinn
    pbflinn
    Community Member
    Options

I had previously tried the "Saving a Login Manually" guide with the submit option set to "Submit when enabled" -- that didn't work. Per your suggestion, I changed the submit option to "Never submit" and the password field now fills correctly. Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pbflinn‌

I hadn't logged into my PayPal account for a while so hadn't realised that they'd been 'improving' the design. Glad to hear the workaround got you sorted.

This discussion has been closed.