My Mac 1Password no longer wifi syncs to my iPhone or ipad

Options
jga11
jga11
Community Member

All devices are on the same wifi network. I have recently upgraded 1password on my devices, my Mac is running 3.8.22, doesn't even recognize my iPhone or iPad when they are charging and while the 1password app is open. Please help!

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jga11‌

If you are running 1Password 4 or greater on iOS devices then I'm afraid Wi-Fi sync is not an option for you. 1Password 4 for both iOS and Mac was a complete overhaul of the entire code. Pretty much everything changed and Wi-Fi sync changed a lot. You can keep the devices in sync though if you're happy to use Dropbox.

• For 1Password 3 for Mac I recommend this guide, How To: Configure Dropbox Syncing
    • I would then recommend copying your agilekeychain that is in Dropbox to your Desktop, just as a spare copy for now.
    • You would then want to follow this guide for your 1Password 4/5 iOS devices, Sync with Dropbox.

Once all are properly synced you can throw that spare copy of your agilekeychain into your Trash.

How does that sound as a potential solution? If you have questions please do ask.

• jga11
    jga11
    Community Member
    Options

That seems to have worked, thank you!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jga11 Great to hear you've got things working. If you have any more questions we'll be here :smile:

This discussion has been closed.