1PW3Mac: Can't see the mini icon

Newbie 1PW user here, be gentle with me ;-)

1PW3 version Version 3.8.22 (build 32010)
Mac Lion 10.7.5
Safari Version 6.1.6 (7537.78.2)

I can't see the mini icon in the Finder menubar, is it even running?
I have the main app window starting automatically and can save new passwords in Safari OK.

The app is installed and licence number registered. I have closed or deleted some icons in the menubar in case 1PW mini icon was 'hidden' as referred to in other posts but it does not become visible. I have Sophos running and have added your domain address to the permitted websites list. I have added your domain to the OSX prefs Advanced Network Settings proxies list.

I'm out of ideas now, whats next?

PS Very disappointed not to be able to easily import my OSX keychain :-((

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cameronhills‌

Thanks so much for choosing 1Password to keep your digital data secure and organized!

I'm sorry for the confusion here. 1Password mini is a new feature introduced in 1Password 4. Since you're using 1Password 3, you won't have a 1Password icon in your menu bar. Since it seems like the main app and the extension are working properly, I think you're all set up as you should be. :)

I do apologize that there is no quick and easy way to import from the OS X keychain. I know it would be nice to get all your data into 1Password at once, but the 1Password extension makes it easy to build your database, while getting to know 1Password at the same time. Here's what I generally recommend for new users:

• Ensure that the extension is installed and that you have the option to save new passwords enabled
    • Whenever 1Password notices you logging in, it will prompt you to save the details into 1Password.

You'd be surprised how quickly your most important details are transferred into 1Password. :)

If you have any further questions or concerns, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.