Enter password in landscape

Fabian Schwahn
Fabian Schwahn
Community Member

Hi,
but it would be great if one could enter the password also in landscape mode. I can't get past the setup screen when I need to enter my password because it works only in portrait mode.

The problem is that a part of my touch-screen doesn't work, so I cannot enter all letters I need to enter my password. I know this is pretty much an edge case, but maybe it's an easy addition?

All the best,
Fabian

Comments

• Hi Fabian,

There are still a few corners of the app that are limited to either portrait or landscape orientations. We are planning to address these in the process of refreshing our user interface for Lollipop. I can't give you a timeline for when exactly this will be ready, but it is something that we are working on. For now though, have you considered using a Bluetooth keyboard to get around the issue? I hope the suggestion helps!

Cheers,
    Michael

• Fabian Schwahn
    Fabian Schwahn
    Community Member

Hi Michael,
    well, always dragging a bluetooth keyboard around for entering the password is not very convenient ;-).
    I'll just wait for the update, great that you are working on it.

All the best,
    Fabian

• Ah... I misunderstood your original post to mean that it just affected the setup screens. However, given that the region of your touch screen that doesn't work will affect the keyboard in the same way on the lock screens, I can see why you wouldn't want to have to lug around a Bluetooth keyboard. Certainly keep an eye on our beta newsletters, as you will likely read about any design changes there first.

This discussion has been closed.