Licensing issues

I have a "1Password Mac + Windows Bundle (Family License)". It was purchased when 1Password 3 was available. I installed 1Password 4 on our old windows laptop and it took the license nicely. I tried upgrading 1Passsword to version for 4 on our other 2 windows computers but it says the license is not valid?

How does it work on one PC, but not another?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

I can't think of a reason, off-hand, @Spence.

Please contact us at support+licenses@agilebits.com from the e-mail address associated with your license (so we can look up your license), and someone there will be happy to help you as soon as possible.

(You might include a link to this forum thread, so we can "connect the dots.")

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

How are you entering the license key? Please copy & paste it into 1Password (please do not enter it manually). Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Well, yes, @Spence: we're definitely assuming you're entering the correct license key, and copy-and-paste is the surest way to do that.

• Spence
    Spence
    Community Member

After entering it, I receive an alert that says my license cannot be used for 1Password 4, but can be used for a discount. Is there a limit to the number of activations? Can I remove old activations that are no longer being used?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I've located your purchase in our records, @Spence, and it's from 2012. As you may know, free upgrades to 1Password 4 for Windows are available only to folks who purchased a license in 2014 or 2013.

I can't explain why you didn't receive the "discount available" message on the old Windows laptop, as well, but it's not because there's a limit to the number of PCs on which your license can be used.

• Spence
    Spence
    Community Member

I ended up with two computers that took the code (1P5 for mac, and 1P4 for windows), but like I mentioned the other two are failing. Perhaps there is a bug somewhere and I got lucky :)

Thanks for your help!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome!

Thank you so much for using 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.