Suggestion: Tapatalk support for forum

Piggy
Piggy
Community Member
edited November 2010 in Lounge
iPhone mobile forum client
Hi, there's an iPhone (and Blackberry, Android and Nokia) app called Tapatalk for mobile access to forums like this. It requires a forum plug-in that's claimed to be free and only take 10 minutes for a forum owner to install. Can you take a look and consider installing it? BTW, according to the Tapatalk website there are currently 9,700 forums using this of which 1,200 were added in the last 30 days.

phpBB3 3.0.x, vBulletin 3.7.x/3.8.x/4.0.x, Invision Power Board (IPB) 3.0.x and Simple Machine Forum (SMF) 1.1.x/2.0.x are supported.

Home - http://www.tapatalk.com/
Forum Owners - http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php
TiPb review/video - http://www.tipb.com/2010/09/28/tapatalk-iphone-app-review/

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    This suggestion has come up once or twice before. Thank you for letting us know it would be useful to you. We will look into Tapatalk support.

Cheers!
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2010
    Tapatalk, sounds interesting. :)

The IPBoard app crashes to much for me at first however once set up it wasn't that bad etc. Now having said that I havent tried it since apple switched out my iphone. So maybe I need to look at it again.

• Piggy
    Piggy
    Community Member

I've been using the IPBoard app on my iPhone. It isn't bad, but Tapatalk looks a lot more flexible. I'd love to see support for that, but in the mean time give IPB a shot.

Very nice. Better than Safari. Thanks for the tip.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I am always working on my laptop and try to let my days off be my days off, so I had not investigated an iPhone app for the forums. I will check out the IPBoard app. Thanks!
  • is it possible to add 1Password forums to the handy "Tapatalk" app?

I think there are no costs for the forums-owner; only registration of the forums.

Kind regards,
    Thomas
  • Yes that would be very nice.
  • I am happy: One agreement...

Regards
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2011
    Hey, folks. I have merged your posts with the appropriate thread.

Please keep in mind that any time we spend on adding — or maintaining! — a feature like Tapatalk support is time we can't spend making 1Password rock even more or giving great support to the folks who need it most. ;-)

I'm sorry I don't have any further news on Tapatalk support at this time. We will keep it in mind for the future, though.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    Please see this thread for an important announcement! 8)
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    [font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Looks good , from a glancing

I dont have much time to check it out this PM. However I did get a snicker from it It says I only have 740 posts and poor roustem has only 329 Dave is somewhere around 340.
    [/font]

Just as I said a funny no big deal obviously, I think post 740 is mysteriously around the time I went from Senior member to Moderator.

From my limited viewing tonight I like it a lot more than the IP Board mobile app no questions asked.

ps.. I didn't add a reply to the announcement thread as I don't think this should be in an announcement (I remember the last time I did something like that) :)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I think that is the "active posts" count as seen on your profile page in the sidebar on the left. :-)
This discussion has been closed.