Migrate data from Android to Mac

delpetra
delpetra
Community Member

First of all, thanks for the great work you do!

I primarily use 1Password on my Android phone, but I occasionally use it on my iPad and Mac too. However, I realised that my iPad and Mac were both syncing by iCloud and so didn't get all of the logins I was creating on my phone. I set the iPad to sync via Dropbox and it started overwriting new passwords I had added using my phone with its old ones. I moved the 1Password folder from my Dropbox, assuming I could start again using the data on my phone but I am not sure how to do this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Hey @delpetra‌. Moving the 1Password data folder will cause sync on 1Password on Android to break. It's also not possible to reconfigure sync to a different location after it has already been set up. I would like to help you configure Dropbox sync across all of your devices without losing any data. Could you tell me which device has your most-up-to-date 1Password information? We can look into setting up Dropbox sync there and then connect your other devices to it.

• delpetra
    delpetra
    Community Member

Thank you for the reply! My Android phone has the most up to date info.

• Thank you for getting back to me. The best way for us to understand your current sync configuration would be to read the diagnostic reports from each device. This way we will be able to better help you in getting your data from your Android device to your Mac and iPad. Could you please send us a diagnostic report from each device?

—Mac—

—iOS—

—Android—

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox. Also, let us know when you have sent out the report here and I will take a look at them immediately.

This discussion has been closed.