SQL Lite Data Base Error after Update to 1Password 5.0.2

Options
Thomas Neumann
Thomas Neumann
Community Member

After updating from 1Password 4.4.3 to 5.0.2, I get the following SQL Lite database error:
1Password mini konnte die Datenbank auf Grund des folgenden Problems nicht öffnen: 'unable to open database file'.

Weitere Informationen:
2014-11-29 13:05:56 +0000
Error Domain=SQLite Code=14 "unable to open database file" UserInfo=0x7f9fe9607250 {SQLiteExtenderError=14, NSLocalizedDescription=unable to open database file}

It seems to be quite similiar to the [AFP home folder issue ].(https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/100525#Comment_100525 "https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/100525#Comment_100525")

The Issue is also present in 1Password 5.1-beta 9

At the meanwhile I am really pissed off about all the problems when updating to new release versions an wasting my time finding workarounds.
Do you perform some testing before release? Do you have unit tests which at least cover already known issues? Maybe it would be worth to think about.

Regards Thomas

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Thomas Neumann

While at this point we couldn't say the two aren't related they are returning very different error messages, this one is stating for an unknown reason the database file can't be opened.

I'd suggest the following.

• Reboot your Mac
    • Using Disk Utility in /Applications/Utilities verify and repair disk permissions if needed.

If that still has no effect.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Thomas Neumann
    Thomas Neumann
    Community Member
    Options

Hi littlebobbytables,

repair disk permissions did not resolve the problem. That's expected because the 1Password database is not located on the local hard drive but on a network home folder.
    How to create the Diagnostics Report? Just except the tool (with 1PW 4.x installed which is working correctly) or first install the faulty 5.0.2 and reproduce the error before running the diagnostics?
    Thanks for your help

Best regards
    Thomas

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Thomas Neumann

Yes, we'd need you to be attempting to run 1Password 5 and producing the error a couple of times before following the diagnostic report instructions. That way we know the errors are definitely in the log reports. After that you can return to running 1Password 4. If you're running 1Password 5 by manually downloading a copy from our web site please note that Yosemite has a bug where it won't reliably run the correct copy of 1Password mini when other copies of 1Password are accessible (so best to avoid this situation).

This discussion has been closed.