Two Factor Authentication

Options
english06
english06
Community Member
edited December 2014 in iOS

For my Dropbox, Microsoft, and Google logins I have two-factor authentication enabled. This requires me to first type in my awesome password using 1Password open on my phone before I have to switch over to Authy to find my randomized code. Why not implement that functionality into Password for individual sites? That way when needed the app can provide you with your password and the relevant authentication code required to log in all in one place.

Comments

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

TOTP passwords were just introduced into the latest beta versions as discussed in this thread.

Works great for Dropbox and Google but I don't use Microsoft services so I can't comment on that.

Add a new section to your item on iPhone and then add a new one time password field to it. You can scan the barcode off a computer screen by tapping on the appropriate button. As Mike suggested though, it would be prudent to keep your other authentication app using the same barcode since this is still a beta feature.

• english06
    english06
    Community Member
    Options

Ha, didn’t recognize the OTP acronym. Wonderful to see that included. Hope to see shared with the Mac app in a more native way soon.

• Good to know, @english06‌, thanks for the feedback.

This discussion has been closed.