I bought 1Password for Mac off of Agilebits website, but really want iCloud integration

Options
camnito
camnito
Community Member
edited December 2014 in Mac

I just bought 1Password for Mac from your web site, only to find out that if I want iCloud integration, I should've bought it from the Apple App Store. Is there any way to convert these licenses? I don't see a way to download the one from App Store without paying for it. This is pretty awful. I don't want to pay $100 for your app, not to mention what I've already paid for the iOS version.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

If you purchased your copy from AgileBits within the last 30 days, you can request a refund under their money back guarantee and then repurchase from the Mac App Store. There is no process by which licenses can be converted from any software developer to one from the Mac App Store.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @camnito,

Unfortunately, as @hawkmoth says, there is no way for us to transfer licenses from our webstore version to the Mac App Store, and Apple just doesn't allow this.

I looked in our back office records and searched the email address attached to your forum account. I was able to find a license for 1Password 5, but it doesn't include any purchase details. Is it possible that you purchased this license as a part of a bundle?

ref: 789198

• camnito
    camnito
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan‌, yes, I bought this as part of a bundle with Parallels. 1Password in the bundle was a big reason why I made the purchase. Is there a way to transfer this license from 1Password Mac to a Windows version? I can buy the iCloud version off of Apple Store, and then install the Windows version on my other computer. Thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @camnito‌

We can certainly do that for you if you wish. Just before I go ahead though I want make sure you're aware that iCloud sync is limited to Apple devices so while I believe you can access iCloud Drive from a Windows machine, it can't use the CloudKit framework which we rely on. Does that influence your decision at all? If it doesn't just confirm you'd like to swap the Mac licence for a Windows one and we can do that for you :smile:

• camnito
    camnito
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan‌ thanks, that is great. It doesn't matter if the Windows version cannot access iCloud, as I don't use it as much. I trust that I can still use the Windows version with Wi-Fi Sync to update my vault file between my iPhone/iPad and Windows 1Password, right? I don't mind doing that manually from time to time.

• Hi @camnito,

1Password for Windows does do WiFi sync. I recommend you setup Wi-Fi sync on both the iPhone and iPad and always sync through that via the Windows PC, as opposed to using something like iCloud to sync between the iPhone and iPad. It'll give you better results than switching between iCloud and Wi-Fi.

If you're fine with that then I'm sure @littlebobbytables‌ or @Megan‌ will be happy to convert the license over for you.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.