DuumyPass - how to reveal?

ofirkaner
ofirkaner
Community Member
edited December 2014 in Mac

Hi,
In some accounts, 1Password doesn't let me see and reveal the password and show me "DummyPass".
Any idea why it happens and how can I make it show me the real password?

Thank you

Comments

• Rad
    Rad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ofirkaner‌,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us :smile:

Pressing the option key will reveal your Login's password in both 1Password and 1Password mini's detail view.

Cheers!

• ofirkaner
    ofirkaner
    Community Member

Hi,
    I know this shortcut. the problem is that when I press the option key, then I get the "dummypass" instead of showing me the real password.

look at the link for a screenshot: before - http://cl.ly/image/0u3E103S1u2R

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2014

@ofirkaner‌

Honestly that looks like the password was saved as "dummypass" maybe during an experiment when you were trying to get use to using 1Password ?

You might look a little further down on the login item and check the show previous passwords section. AFAIK there has never been an option to inset a dummy password. Thats the purpose of the hide reveal button.

If no history is in the login item you can also try looking in the passwords section.

• Yep -- dummypass is what you have saved in the password field for that login. :)

• ofirkaner
    ofirkaner
    Community Member

guys...please give me some credit.
    this is not! the password. I tried to setup a new login for the specific site with a different password. 1password logs into the site with no problem but doesn't show me the real password!

• @ofirkaner‌

That may not be the password for the site, but it is what you have saved in 1Password for it.

• ofirkaner
    ofirkaner
    Community Member

I didn't !!!

• ofirkaner
    ofirkaner
    Community Member

I use 1Password for a long long time. this never happened to me before

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2014

@ofirkaner‌

I meant no disrespect, I simply have no clue how long or familiar you are with 1Password.

Might it be something with the site ? Might they have obscured 1Password from saving it somehow or replaced your correct one with a place holder type of entry ? I am not a developer so I have no clue.

Maybe the correct one is saved in the password history ?

Without providing private details can you provide a url for the staff to look at ?

@bwoodruff‌

You would know better than I if such a thing would be possible.

• Did you try the suggestions from @thightower above?

You might look a little further down on the login item and check the show previous passwords section. AFAIK there has never been an option to inset a dummy password. Thats the purpose of the hide reveal button.

>

If no history is in the login item you can also try looking in the passwords section.

This discussion has been closed.