Bought New Android and Want to Transfer Data Over from Old Android

T_Proc
T_Proc
Community Member

I just bought a new Android Turbo and had an older Motorola Android Razr Maxx. How do I transfer my 1Password data from the old phone to the new phone. I'm not very IT-oriented or smart so I could really use some help. Thanks!

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

You need to enable Dropbox sync on your old phone. Let the data fully sync and then enable Dropbox on the new phone and it should drag it all down from Dropbox.

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-android/4/en/topic/sync

• peri
    edited December 2014

Hi @T_Proc‌,

@RichardPayne‌ seems to have covered it. Please let us know if you need any further help with syncing your data with your new Razr.

• mmpotash
    mmpotash
    Community Member

I already did a factory reset on my old phone and did not sync'd with dropbox. How do I set up 1password on my new android device? As a "new user"? I already purchased 1Password.

• Hi @mmpotash, can you clarify a couple of things for me? Are you trying to start a new 1Password vault on your Android or to sync a previously created vault?

If you are simply trying to start fresh on your new Android, simply reinstall 1Password from the Play Store. Make sure you're logged in to the same account you purchased 1Password with and your premium features will be restored.

Please let me know if that helps! :)

• mmpotash
    mmpotash
    Community Member
    edited December 2014

I was hoping there was a way to transfer the info from my old vault, but..... since I will be selling my old phone I did a factory reset without thinking of the 1Password sync first :s.
    I installed 1Password on my new phone... so I guess I'll have to set up the passwords again.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Yep. If you did the reset before syncing then your data is gone. Sorry.

• I'm sorry to hear that @mmpotash‌.:(

When you establish your new vault, please make sure to set up either Dropbox or local storage syncing so that we can help you recover your data should you ever need to reset your device again. I recommend using Dropbox since it automatically backs up your vault in the cloud so that you don't have to physically transfer any data before resetting your device.

Please let us know if you need any help with syncing your new vault!

This discussion has been closed.