Can't restore Pro features

foad
foad
Community Member

Since the new beta is a fresh install, I wanted to restore my pro features since I previously purchased the app. When I went to do that, I came across two errors. Not sure if both are App Store issues or a bug.

Here are a couple screen grabs. The screenshot with the Buy button popped up immediately after I hit restore purchases. The pop up with the App Store error showed up right after. That screenshot was when I tried to restore purchases from Settings, but the same error popped up during my initial attempt. The first time I tried to restore purchases was from the vault list view and by tapping Pro Categories.

Comments

• foad
    foad
    Community Member
    edited December 2014

Just a quick update to my post yesterday. I'm getting the same errors today as I was yesterday. I am still unable to restore my Pro features on my iPad. My iPhone has the Pro features though.

• foad
    foad
    Community Member
    edited December 2014

Just installed the latest build through TF and I am still unable to restore my Pro purchase. In addition to the previous posted error messages that pop up, I get an error about my Touch ID being invalid but it isn't. It works to open the application as well as in normal use outside of 1Password.

I also tried deleting and reinstalling the latest build, but that didn't fix it.

• Hi @foad,

1. Does it work fine in the stable version of 1Password from the App Store?
    2. Are you using the same Apple ID account that is registered with TestFlight?
    3. Note that in TestFlight, the IAP purchases are sandboxed and free. It is not related to your purchases at the App Store, it's just a test purchase. It should've prompt up saying during testing, all purchases are free. Please try buying instead of restoring and see if it works.
    4. Have you try rebooting your iPad?
  • foad
    foad
    Community Member

Hey @MikeT‌.

In the previous build, I wasn't prompted with the free IAP window when trying to purchase. It just displayed the Touch ID error. I was able to purchase the free IAP with the latest build. I still did get a Touch ID error though and had to enter my password manually. Is that due to the sandboxed purchased or could that be a bug?

Thanks for help Mike.

• Hi @foad,

Can you reproduce it and share a screenshot of the Touch ID error or tell me what the error said?

• foad
    foad
    Community Member

Now that the purchase has gone through, I can't reproduce it. The error said that Touch ID was invalid and that I needed to enter my password to make the purchase.

• MikeT
    edited December 2014

Hi @foad,

That is a bit weird. Are you testing any other apps via TestFlight? I wonder if it is TestFlight apps only or just 1Password.

I just tried this on my iPhone and I'm not seeing anything like that.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

I can confirm the same sequence of error messages on my iPhone 6+. Choosing the Purchase option restored the features. Will try this on an iPad to see if this can be duplicated there.

• Hi @cjbulow,

Are you a developer by any chance? I was wondering if you could capture the device logs when trying again on the iPad.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

Will do.

• Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.