"... bad timestamp drift: ..." issues on RC2

Penelope Pitstop
Penelope Pitstop
Community Member
edited December 2014 in iOS

Is this bug reproducible?

No

Which devices did this bug appear on and is it reproducible on any devices?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1 (12B436), 5.2 (502011) | Reproducible - No

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), 1Password Version 5.1.BETA-19 (510019) | Reproducible - No

A quick summary of the bug:

Since upgrading to RC2 this morning I've had a few error dialogs pop up with "... bad timestamp drift: ..."

Detailed Step-by-step instruction on how to reproduce it:

Here are the errors:

I can't find a way to reproduce them but I've had at least two in the space of a few hours. I've emailed a diagnostic report referencing my forum username and this thread. Sync and Wi-Fi Sync logs were enabled.

Comments

• Hi @Penelope Pitstop‌,

I got the report, thanks! do you recall what you were doing in those timeframes?

It is normal to get these errors every once in a while when 1Password detects the message arrived too late or the time doesn't match between your Mac and iOS devices. We have a very strict period of time when the sync can be established for security reasons. Once the sync is initiated, the other side have to respond quickly or it loses its authorization to sync.

I do think we should humanize the message, so I'll file a separate bug report to improve that.

Email support ID: ZJQ-94276-739

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT‌,

Nothing out of the ordinary.

I thought all my devices used NTP so I would be surprised if the clocks didn't match. I have never seen those errors before and as you know I have been actively testing Wi-Fi sync recently.

• MikeT
    edited December 2014

Hi @Penelope Pitstop‌,

My guess it would be more of 1Password not responding in time. Do you call if the computers were busy doing something heavy?

By the way, it looks like 1Password is not able to upgrade one of your smart folders because it has a setting to search for a category of "Accounts".

Mon Dec 15 12:23:37 2014| 510016 [DATABASE:0x7f82d8d026e0:] W upgradeSmartFolderPredicateFormat: | Unknown category name in predicate: categoryName == "Accounts"

If you're not using 1Password 3 on any of your Macs or iOS devices, you might want to see if you can remake the smart folder.

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member

Do you call if the computers were busy doing something heavy?

No they weren't.

Thanks for the tip about the smart folder.

• Let me know if you see this again, I've been trying to get it to break here but so far, nothing. Something is amiss if you've seen it twice already.

This discussion has been closed.