Strange behaviours

Bill_W
Bill_W
Community Member

G'day,
In addition to the Double Passcode issue that has re-emerged, I has seen the the app close in unexpected ways. The quick unlock screen responds to my code and slides to the phone home screen instead of opening the app. The quick unlock issue appeared a few weeks ago when I loaded a beta after a long period on the release version. I have attempted a number of ways to get back to a stable state including clearing caches, force shut down and clean reinstall. I am using ver 4.1.4.

Comments

• Bill_W
    Bill_W
    Community Member

Additional info - the phone tells me it is syncing with Dropbox. I then get a notification that the sync failed.

• I'm sorry to hear 1Password on your Android device is exiting frequently from the background. Is there something in particular you are doing that may be triggering this issue? I would like to see if it's possible to replicate the behaviour on our devices so we can look into what might be going on.

Do you have Developer Options enabled on your device?

• Bill_W
    Bill_W
    Community Member

Do I need the option enabled or disabled?

• saad
    edited December 2014

The developer options are hidden and disabled by default. Is this option disabled on your device?

• Bill_W
    Bill_W
    Community Member

I have them enabled.

• Bill_W
    Bill_W
    Community Member

Saw the fix on the beta page to disable auto time. Applied this and the application is running normally. Also got the update to 4.1.5 today.

• Bill_W
    Bill_W
    Community Member

Sorry, spoke too soon. It is still shutting down.

• Thank you for confirming that for us. We are currently looking into resolving this issue that's causing 1Password to exit in the background. Please keep an eye out for the next update! In the meantime, if you find anything else that you think is relevant to this issue, please let us know.

• phoenixrizing
    phoenixrizing
    Community Member

(I tried posting about this last night from my phone's browser, but had no luck. Process seems flawed. I'll get to that in another post.)

This particular issue is happening to me as well, but even stranger.

I tap the icon to launch. I enter my PIN. The green ring appears to show it's accepted, but then I'm immediately taken back to my home screen. I can see the sync icon in the notification bar so it's at least working on that front.

I launch the app again only this time I have to enter my master password. Now I'm in the app.

I then get the information I need, I go to whatever app it is to enter what I've copied. When I go back to 1Password, I have to enter my master password again. I have it configured to prompt for a relogin (using my PIN) after 10 minutes, but it hasn't even been a minute so this shouldn't be happening.

Using 1Password for Android version 4.1.5.

• dfogh
    dfogh
    Community Member

Same problem as Phoenixrizing, problems started 30 min ago. Before that it worked fine

• Hey @phoenixrizing and @dfogh‌

The issue you're experiencing where 1Password quits to the home screen is resolved in the current beta version and we're hoping to release it in the next stable update. :) You can check out other fixes and improvements in our 1Password for Android release notes.

This discussion has been closed.