Auto-complete for Android chrome

Options
skylinetech
skylinetech
Community Member

First off sorry if this question has been raised before. Second I don't mean to come off as a jerk, but I am quite frustrated....

Will there be and if so when. I do not like having to use the 1password browser, nor do I like having to launch 1password, find my login, copy the password, go back to chrome browser, and paste the password.

Where is the auto-complete like on my desktop computers? Don't tell me its not possible. Last pass does it!! I paid over $100 for 1password for my mac and windows computers, as well as for my ipad and android phone. I love the product on my desktop computers.

LastPass is $12 a year. And here I have spent over $100 for an inferior product?? Yes inferior, I know 1password has better encryption, but ease of use and functionality are also important.

This is NOT a rhetorical question. I DO want an answer, and since agile bits does NOT see fit to have a support phone number or email address (at least that I have been able to find) I am forced to pose my question here.

Comments

• wstrez
    wstrez
    Community Member
    Options

how do i get the 1password "key" on top of page using android. on mac i log in to 1password then click key to auto fill user name and password when at the site i am loggin in to??

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

They've already realised this. The latest beta builds can fill in other apps. The only downside is that they can only do it on Lollipop, so you won't be able to use it until your phone gets the Lollipop upgrade.

• peri
    edited December 2014
    Options

Hi @skylinetech‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're frustrated with 1Password for Android. RichardPayne is correct in saying that the autofill feature will be enabled on 1Password 4 for Androids running Lollipop.

Lollipop provides a custom accessibility service that will automatically set the login fields to the login credentials, which means you'll be able to autofill login credentials into third-party apps and browsers without copying to the clipboard.

If you like, you can read more about recent improvements in our Android release notes.

With regards to your comment on contacting support, we do not have a support number, as our Customer Support team is spread throughout the world. However, we do set up phone calls/screen sharing sessions when necessary.

Following the releases of iOS 8, OS X Yosemite, and 1Password 5 (which was released as a free app), we were inundated with support requests. We actively decided to direct customers to our forums, which are staffed, in order to be able to help as many people as possible. We understand that not all issues can be resolved in the forums, and we still offer support through our email at support@agilebits.com. We are always glad to help, whether in the forums, or by phone or email.

I hope I was able to help! Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thanks! :)

• @wstrez‌ I merged your thread with this one since you seem to be asking the same question.

Please see my above comment for information about autofilling login info in third-party apps and browsers.

Let us know if you have any more questions!

This discussion has been closed.