how to display password in actual characters on 1password android

lockwood
lockwood
Community Member

i'm glad i can keep all my passwords in my 1password vault on my pc, and am able to sync the vault with my android device. however, as i need to use those id and passwords on other computers from time to time, where i obviously have no access to my vault, i'll want to know the password by reading from my android app.

when i try to find out a password on my mobile, i notice it's written in black dots, so that i won't know what the password is. is there any way the password is displayed in actual characters rather than black dots pls?

Comments

• Hi @lockwood‌

Thanks for getting in touch with us! In order to view the password on your Android, simply click the black dots. This will allow you to choose Copy or Reveal. Choose Reveal and you'll be shown your password instead of black dots.

Furthermore, if you're syncing your vault with Dropbox, you can access your 1Password data on any device with a web browser using 1PasswordAnywhere. This is pretty nifty when you are on a friend's computer and it doesn't have 1Password installed.

To use 1PasswordAnywhere, log into Dropbox in a web browser and open the 1Password.html file in the 1Password.agilekeychain you're syncing to in Dropbox. This will allow you read-only access to all of your vault data, so that you can copy and paste your login credentials.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions.

• lockwood
    lockwood
    Community Member

Thanks @peri, that works perfect!

• @lockwood‌ No problem! I'm glad to help. :) Please let us know if you need anything else. Thanks!

• lockwood
    lockwood
    Community Member

@peri Hi hope all is well. I'm happy to become a licence holder today. Purchased a license for windows for my pc. I'm now using an android phone but will switch to IOS next month, so will probably buy a licence for IOS too. My question is, how do I sync my pc vault with my iPhone? Can't see a button on my pc 1password saying 'push to iPhone' or similar. Thanks.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

On Windows you open Preferences and click "Move to Dropbox" (you need to have the Dropbox application installed first). Then on iOS you sync to Dropbox. See here:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/setting-up-dropbox-sync
    https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/sync-with-dropbox

• peri
    edited January 2015

Thanks Richard! :) @lockwood, Please let us know if you have any further questions about syncing.

• lockwood
    lockwood
    Community Member

Thanks @RichardPayne @peri though we in China have no access to Dropbox and Wifi syncing seems the only way out

• 1Password for Android does not have support for WiFi sync just yet and our team is working to make this a reality on Android. Your current alternative to Dropbox sync on Android would be to use folder sync. Folder sync will require you to manually copy your 1Password data folder (1Password.agilekeychain) to your Android device every time there is a change. While this does require a little more work than using Dropbox, it will give you access to your information when you are on the go. Once you have copied over the 1Password data folder to your Android device, launch 1Password 4, select I've used 1Password before > Sync using local storage and select your data folder. You should be able to view all of your items on Android now!

On your iOS device, you can use WiFi sync to copy over your changes. Please let us know if you have any questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.