The 1Password helper must be running for the extension to work properly

ladder716
ladder716
Community Member

I just install the extenstion on my ACER Chromebook and continue to get this message............................ The 1Password helper must be running for the extension to work properly. Either the helper is not running, or something is preventing it from communicating with the 1Password browser extension.

Any idea's how to fix this

Comments

• Hi @ladder716‌

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Unfortunately, there is currently no version of 1Password compatible with ChromeOS. 1Password 4 for Android requires Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or newer in order to run properly.

ChromeOS support is something our customers have requested, and our developers are considering adding in the future.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you. :( Please let us know if you have any further questions.

• ladder716
    ladder716
    Community Member

so unfortunate. I was hopefully that I could use this app through out my devices. I guess I'll have to use another password app. Thanks anyway.

• peri
    edited April 2015

I'm sorry to disappoint you. We believe 1Password is a pretty awesome app, but unfortunately, are not yet able to make ChromeOS support happen. I hope you'll reconsider us if and when we do support ChromeOS, though. :)

This discussion has been closed.