Options
Eden Bensal
Eden Bensal
Community Member

Hello,
I have the latest version of 1Password installed on my:
1) Mac mini (Mavericks OS X 10.9.5)
2) iPhone 5S (iOS 8.1.2)
3) iPad mini with Retina Display (iOS 7.1.2)
4) iPod Touch 4th gen (iOS 6.1.6)

I got my new iPhone 5S before 1 week and I have update him to the latest iOS version which is 8.1.2. After updating my iPhone I figured out the is no more sync to the other devices. I went to the knowledge for 1password in the support section and I saw that all my devices need to updated to iOS 8 & Yosemite OS X to sync via iCloud.
for now I don't want to update my devices and my question is about DropBox sync option.
Is it secure like sync via iCloud? which of this option is better? there is any different at all between them?
thank!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There is no real difference in security between iCloud sync and Dropbox sync. Have a look at this knowledge base article "Is it safe to sync my data over the cloud?".

The iCloud FAQ may also interest you. It makes clear that you won't be able to use iCloud to sync 1P data unless you buy 1P5 from the Mac App Store (as opposed to direct from the AgileBits store). (I know that's not directly related to your question but I thought it worth mentioning as a sort of seasonal bonus :) ).

Stephen

• Eden Bensal
    Eden Bensal
    Community Member
    Options

I got my answer. thank you!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Eden Bensal‌ It seems like Stephen_C has helped you. If you have any further questions do please post :smile:

This discussion has been closed.