Reset Original iPad and 1 Password

Options
gbedenkop
gbedenkop
Community Member
edited December 2014 in iOS

Hi -

I have had to reset our old iPad (original) and am having trouble getting 1 password to function now. I have a past purchase of 1 Password Pro which I think was the version last used on iPad, but I cannot get it to synch with Dropbox. Can you point me to some documentation or troubleshooting on how to get my 1 Password function back?

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Greg

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

On the assumption you're running 1P5 on the iPad there is this knowledge base article on setting up Dropbox sync on iOS. If you're still having problems try re-setting Dropbox sync as outlined in this post (which, even though it refers to 1P4, should also apply to 1P5).

Stephen

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

And, just to add a bit more information, the Dropbox API that was used in those earlier versions of iPassword were discontinued by Dropbox. So Dropbox sync is no longer available to them. I suspect this is the reason you're having trouble.

• gbedenkop
    gbedenkop
    Community Member
    Options

It seems that the original iPad is not able to run IP5... I'm not actually sure which version is compatible with that old technology. My 1 Password Pro for IOS version was purchased back in 2010 or so (I think).

• gbedenkop
    gbedenkop
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks HawkMoth. Maybe that is the issue. Any alternative for using 1 password on this old iPad? I love 1 Password and it certainly hinders the utility of the old equipment (and my wife won't appreciate me always trying to hijack her newer Air!)

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gbedenkop if you downloaded 1Password 5 on another device you should be able to download a previous version onto your iPad. To do this head into the App Store on your iPad:

• Open the tab "Updates"
    • Tap on "Purchased"
    • Find 1Password 5 (there is a search at the top of the list of apps)
    • Download 1Password 5
    • You will be prompted with a message which should allow you to download the latest compatible version
    • Confirm that dialog
    • Set up 1Password on your device

Let me know if that works for you.

This discussion has been closed.