[Feature Request] Add pictures and attachments in iOS via Camera

ramenendez
ramenendez
Community Member
edited January 2015 in iOS

I've been using 1P for a long time and I keep waiting for implementation of the the Add pics/attachments from iOS. It's such a needed feature and I don't believe it poses any security risks or whatever. Other apps have it (e.g. OneSafe) but I keep reverting to 1P because it's such a great product, and most importantly, I trust it.

That being said, I keep finding myself in situations (as I'm sure many do) where I NEED to add an image to the Safe. E.g. I just got a new credit card and I don't want to type all the info in, but rather take a picture and save it, right from my phone. I don't want to wait until I get home to have to use my scanner, resize the jpg, open 1P Mac, and attach the file. I find it more straight forward to be able to open my "safe" iOS app, go to my credit card item, edit and snap a picture of the back and front of the card, save and voila! (Let alone people that don't have or want to buy the desktop version + scanner... I doubt this is a way to force people to but the desktop app in order to be able to do this)

So, respectfully, I'm sure there's a lot of people interested in having this feature implemented in iOS. Any word on ETA or roadmap?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi @ramenendez‌

So, respectfully, I'm sure there's a lot of people interested in having this feature implemented in iOS. Any word on ETA or roadmap?

There certainly are, including a number of us on the AgileBits team. :) It will definitely be a "killer feature" and it is on the to-do list. I do not have further information beyond that.

Thanks!

• ramenendez
    ramenendez
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply. I hope it comes soon... Funnily, I could have used it like 3 hours after posting the OP. Meanwhile awaiting....

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback, I hope it comes soon too! :)

• Tourbo79
    Tourbo79
    Community Member
    edited January 2015

Hi, just to add one more reason why this feature should be very helpful is to safe copy of the documents (ie. Passport, ID or driving license) and have the possibility to send it via email if needed.

Waiting for further upgrades and thank you for your work!

• Thanks. :) For what it is worth: I'd recommend (strongly) against emailing copies of your photo ID. Email is not a secure method of communication unless an additional layer of protection (such as GPG) is used.

This discussion has been closed.