Unlock screen using Touch ID

Fairgame
Fairgame
Community Member

I have a question about the unlock screen using Touch ID which offers 2 options: "Enter Passwords" and "Cancel"?
Both end up with the same result, Master Password has to be entered next time 1PW is accessed.
Of course there is a third option, to unlock 1PW using Touch ID.

This comes to play when I turn on the iPhone and the last used app was 1PW. The above screen comes up. To get back to the iPhone home screen I would just double click the home button. But double clicking does not work in this instance and I have to unlock 1PW (unnecessary) in order to minimize it with home button or click either of the two options "Enter Passwords" and "Cancel" which leads to MP.

I would expect "Cancel" to allow minimizing the app without loosing Touch ID unlock option.

On the other hand, unlocking with Touch ID is very quick so if there is a technical reason for this behavior I have no problem with it.

1PW 5.1.2, iPhone 6+

Comments

• foovius
    foovius
    Community Member

Yeah, I've seen the same bug. From other comments it sounds like the 1Password team is redesigning this functionality for a future release, so hopefully it'll self-correct.

• MrRooni
    edited December 2014

I can't comment on unreleased features or improvements, but I will say this: Stay tuned! ;)

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member

Thank you

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of @MrRooni, you're very welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.