upgrading (from) App Store version (and a sync question)

Options
plaintiger
plaintiger
Community Member
edited December 2014 in Mac

hey. i've run 1Password since version 2. while i bought v.2 and v.3 through the AgileBits store, i bought v.4.2.7 through the Mac App Store (for some reason). and to add another plot twist, in case it's relevant: the version currently installed on my Mac is the expired trial of v.5, so i don't have ready access to my installation of v.4...though there's probably some simple way to revert to v.4 that i just don't know about.

so my first question is, how do i obtain upgrade pricing when upgrading from the Mac App Store version of 1Password v.4 to either version of v.5?

and my second, which i ask in case it's possible to get upgrade pricing through the Mac App Store, is, does the Mac App Store version support synching through Dropbox as well as through iCloud? i prefer Dropbox for all my cloud storage needs.

thank you!

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

The upgrade to version 5 is free to all licensed users of version 4. Just download it from the Mac App Store under the same Apple ID you used to purchase version 4.

The Mac App Store version works well with Dropbox, as well as iCloud. The AgileBits web store version work only with Dropbox, not iCloud.

If you are getting a trial expired notice, check the first post at the top of this section of the forum, which covers this issue.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @plaintiger‌

hawkmoth is correct, you definitely aren't expected to pay again if you've purchased 1Password 4.

You've got a couple of options. We can transition you to the MAS version of 1Password 5 or if you download 1Password 5 from Apple's App Store the Agile Web Store version should pick up on the App Store receipt and say that you're licensed.

It's entirely up to you as both do Dropbox. Let us know and we'll help you get sorted.

This discussion has been closed.