IP not storing passwords

Bronco46
Bronco46
Community Member

IP does not store passwords that it generates for me. I've started copying the passwords that are generated and then creating a long-in to store the password. I've been using 1P since shortly after it was offered and this is the first problem like this. Any ideas about what's going on here?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Please tell us:

1. your 1P version;
    2. your OS X version;
    3. the browser you are using;
    4. the version number of the 1P extension in the browser.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Bronco46,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here! As Stephen_C suggests, we're going to need a bit more information to track this issue down. In addition to the questions asked above, I'd also love to know if this is happening for each site that you generate a password for, or if there are a few sites that are causing trouble.

Now, while it's true that 1Password might not always pop up to offer to save a new Login after you've filled a generated password, we do have a safety net in place to ensure that passwords are not lost. As soon as you click the 'Fill' button in the password generator, 1Password will save the generated password to the 'Passwords' category. Have you checked in the 'Passwords' category for these recently generated passwords?

This discussion has been closed.