1Password 5 crashes

Options
mdavies
mdavies
Community Member

1Password 5 is in my Launchpad but crashes on launch. I have moved the app to the desktop along with 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper.plist
and
com.agilebits.onepassword4.plist
but cannot find 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper
Would appreciate help in restoring this app.
[I can send crash report after attempting launch as per above]
Thanks
mdavies

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mdavies‌

The 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper is a folder associated with the Mac App Store version of 1Password so given you called it 1Password 5 and found plist files for the Web Store version I'm not surprised you couldn't find that folder.

For the Agile Web Store version you should have the following:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/

That folder contains your vault and your backups amongst over things so if you're wanting to keep your vault then you don't want to trash that - moving it elsewhere would be sufficient for troubleshooting.

Then you should have the following in ~/Library/Preferences/:

• 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper.plist
    • com.agilebits.onepassword4.plist

which you've already found.

You might want to look at our Starting Over page if you want to try starting 1Password from a fresh point to see if that takes care of the crashing. If you want to completely start from scratch I'd probably say to drag the copy of 1Password 5 to your Trash and download a fresh copy to be sure.

If you're still having problems do let us know what you've tried and the results and we can take it from there.

This discussion has been closed.