1PW Extension 4.3.0.b2 Enabled possible problem?

Options
Californiajoe
Californiajoe
Community Member

A iMac user writes that his 1PW 5.0.2, 1PW Extension 4.2.5, MacOS 10.10.1 and Safari 8.0.2 are working together. In my case the only difference is that I have 1PW Extension 4.3.0.b2 Enabled and my 1PW 5.0.2 fails to fill both username and password fields. If this Extension difference shows to be problematic, will agile bits be releasing an upgrade to 1PW 5.0.2 with a compatible Extension?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I've no doubt AgileBits will continue to fix any problems with the 4.3.0 beta series of extensions. If in the meantime you wish to revert to the stable 4.2.5 extension you can download it from here.

will agile bits be releasing an upgrade to 1PW 5.0.2 with a compatible Extension?

The extensions are independent of the main program, in the sense that you can revert to the stable version of the extension, using 1P 5.0.2, in the manner I've described.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Californiajoe‌ I hope Stephen_C's explanation helped. Unless you have a specific need or just love to try betas out we'd probably always recommend the latest stable over the beta as you will be acting as a guinea pig if you do.

• Californiajoe
    Californiajoe
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Stephen; I am now successfully running 1PW Ext. 4.2.5.4! Appreciate knowing extensions are independent and followed your process. Regarding littlebobbytables, I have no idea why agile bits downloaded a beta extension to me when I was upgrading to 1PW 5.0.2 (I had NOT checked that I wanted beta anything). Happy to again be using 1PW!!!!!

• Hi @Californiajoe,

I'm glad to hear everything is sorted out now. :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.