Transfer Lincense

Options
Aiko
Aiko
Community Member

Hello!

Is there anyway to transfer the license from one google account to another? I have lost access to my old gmail account and now i would like to transfer the lincese to my new account.

Btw. I have an IOS, Android, Mac, Windows license.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

I don't think it is possible, although I'm really not sure. You'd be best off asking Google support about this.

That said, I wouldn't imagine that you could transfer it without access to the old account. Think about it; if you can't prove that you own the old account then allowing a blind transfer would allow anyone to steal to your apps.

• Aiko
    Aiko
    Community Member
    Options

I have the proof that i paid for it and the confirmation. I wish they would provide a license code like some other developers.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

You're not following me. Agilebits, nor any other software vendor on GooglePlay, do not handle licensing. Google handles that. Agilebits do not know who has bought their software. Only Google knows that.

You could present your confirmation of payment to Agilebits and there's still nothing they could do about it. You need to approach Google.

I wish they would provide a license code like some other developers.

I've never come across an app on GooglePlay that uses a license code. They're all tied to your account. Out of curiosity, do you have any examples?

• Aiko
    Aiko
    Community Member
    Options

For example sygic, the Navigation App or pleco, the dictionary

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

In hindsight, I shouldn't have asked because I can't check it out without making a purchase! ;)

I've been doing some Googling and it is impossible to transfer apps from one account to another. The best they could do is refund from your old account and then you can re-purchase on the new one. However, you're still left with the task of proving that you own the old account.

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @RichardPayne‌,

Sygic have their own e-shop so when you purchase from there you receive a product code and they send you one if you bought it from the Google Play and request it.

source : http://help.sygic.com/hc/en-us/articles/202261928-Purchased-Sygic-via-Google-Play-where-is-my-product-code-

Pleco also have their own e-shop.

Very few devs do that though.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting. I was sure I'd read in Google's copious terms that external licensing was not allowed. It appears that that is not the case.

@mverde, any chance of a licensing scheme controlled by Agilebits? It would make a bundle deal with Windows easier.

• peri
    Options

Hi @Aiko‌

Thanks for contacting us with your request. Unfortunately, Richard is correct--the in-app purchase is handled directly through the Play Store and is linked to your Google account. If you no longer have access to that account, I'm afraid there may be nothing we can do. :(

Just to make sure, please email support+android@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion thread and your original purchase email address in the email body, and we'll look into the matter further. Thanks!

• @RichardPayne‌ This is something that we may be able to do in the future, especially as we continue to work to synchronize our development efforts on each of our supported platforms, but we don't have anything to announce at this time.

This discussion has been closed.