Phone number template

Options
Alf89
Alf89
Community Member

im using version 5.1.2 on ios 8.1.2. i just created a new entry and noticed that the phone number is not using the ###-###-#### template. older entries are showing properly but my new entries just show as #########.

Comments

• Hi @Alf89‌ ,

Are you certain the older entries weren't entered with that format? I can check, but I don't recall the app actually formatting the phone numbers.

• Alf89
    Alf89
    Community Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

hi @hayesk

i thought so too, but when you try to type numbers, all you get is the numberpad that shows up. therefore, i cant type a "-" (dash) even if i wanted to because there is no such symbol on the keypad.

• ag_kevin
    edited December 2014
    Options

@Alf89‌, I see what you mean. Unless the phone number was pasted in from another app, you can't enter a hyphen in the iOS app. I'm going to investigate this further and will post again when I have more information.

ref: OPI-1126

• @Alf89‌, I have taken note of this thread in a feature request to format numbers.

• Alf89
    Alf89
    Community Member
    Options

@hayesk‌ , it looks like i might have input entries before using my ipad which DOES allow me to type a "-". its just that an iphone does not. a fix would be great. after all, not everyone has two devices.

• Will do; thanks for reporting it! :)

This discussion has been closed.